Occupational Therapy: Explained
What is Occupational Therapy?
Occupational therapists help children and adults of all ages with mental, physical or social disabilities, to independently carry out everyday tasks or occupations, with more confidence and independence.
At OTEndeavour, we specialise in child and adolescent mental health and as Occupational Therapists we are experts in the engagement of meaningful activity, recognising this is essential for good mental health.
Our role is to help people lead lives that are as fulfilling as possible, supporting them in different elements of occupation (self-care, leisure, productivity- work, and education); we may collaborate with other services and professionals to assess function in areas of occupational performance and aim to understand each person’s requirements and lifestyle, so that the best treatment plan can be tailored.
We work with children and young people up to the age of 18 however, we consider every enquiry on an individual basis, so please call us without hesitation.
Occupational Therapy at OTEndeavour
- Development of a rehabilitation programme to help rebuild lost skills and restore confidence
- Advise on home or school environmental changes, to enhance health and wellbeing
- Teach anxiety management techniques
- Help people to return to school, college or work
- Coach people with poor social skills, e.g. in handling money and social interaction
- Mentor people on how to utilise coping strategies to control own behaviour
- Liaise with other professionals, such as doctors and social workers, as well as patients’ families, carers and employers
- Write reports and attend multidisciplinary case meetings to plan and review ongoing treatment
- Organise support and rehabilitation groups for young people and parents/ carers
- Providing individual treatment programmes and suggesting changes in the person’s environment, at home, work or school
- Periodically reviewing treatment, evaluating progress and making changes as required.
Why Choose Us?
As a private child and adolescent mental health and Occupational Therapy service, OTEndeavour can help with any difficulties associated with the above or related to the promotion of purposeful activity; s
Get in touch today for a FREE consultation to establish your current needs and to arrange an initial appointment with one of our HCPC registered, enhanced DBS cleared, Occupational Therapist’s.